July 15, 2006
Snivel, Whimper, Wail, Bawl


Two-time comedian of the year, I was back in high school. My blog miserably failed to measure up to expectations.

My Caucasian friends are too nice to confess that they don’t find me funny. It’s rocket science to pull off a punch line in your fourth tongue (Ilocano being my first; Tagalog, third).

But hell yeah, I am so sure I have humor
.
________


It’s right to weep over the pages of Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s or over a Darfur or East Timor documentary. Tact even to spare pairs of sobs and tears with Julianne Moore on “The Hours”. But where should I place my crying over “Maalaala Mo Kaya?” (“Will you fuckin’ remember?”).

Maybe I was crying for no reason. That’s not impossible. The sad plight of a loving brother who whored-up his twink-y fairy self and joined a squad of gay prostitutes to support his brother in rehab is a plot apt enough to cry along to. But I cried long after the show. I was crying still while watching the re-run of “The Glass House”, which an obvious irony as it is, I was chuckling about few days back.

I write about this thing hoping answers take shape as I draw thoughts of sense or (as always) otherwise in this entry. True enough, as you read along and I write about, this babble jabber points the answer somewhere on the other side of the universe.

I’m writing on this no further. I’m not crying (anymore) either.

15 July 2006


posted by Bryan Anthony the First at 7/15/2006 |



8 Comments:

At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Well, all of us have a certain humour and sometimes our own brand of jokes or comedy only works on a set of people.
 




At 10:27 PM, Blogger Deej Diaz said........
Yeah, i'm also a funny guy but sometimes, they find my jokes corny or shitty. We cannot entertain everyone. But we can always be sarcastic. Wahahahaha!
 




At 5:21 AM, Blogger yey said........
sika ngamin. basul mu. nu haan ka nga nalaing, haan ka agsarita. ( hahahaha this is fun).
 




At 8:40 AM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@charles: i know (ala hillary duff) specially aussies & brits...iba kasi yung humor nila as compared to the american humor that we pinoys are used to

@yey: ilocano ka met gayam

@mrdj: pag western brands...S ang size ko

but as a rejoinder to ur evil grin...the non-metric systems say im 7"
 




At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
That is quite true!!
 




At 2:12 PM, Blogger tin-tin said........
you can't please everyone :)
 




At 4:13 PM, Blogger yey said........
balu ku agsarita kapampangan. kasu ditak mu. (that's ilopangan right there). well doh i studied in Baguio. dooooooooooooooooood, .. peas.
 




At 5:34 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
UP Baguio ryt? san na ulit yun? sa tabi ng park? hehehehehe

GoGoGo SLU!!!!