March 04, 2006
You can never be too happy in this life.



When farting develops into a delightful hobby, then things are turning unbearably mundane in Port Moresby.

Though banal days are as regular, almost customary as revolutions and coup d’états in Manila, things in POM do twirl ala Cirque du Soleil every now and then.

Like my dear Indonesian friend throwing up during a sail or spilling pockets and pockets of condoms all over Dolphin Blue's floor or me admitting that I’m a low-maintenance boyfriend.

Like today, i give thanks to Ms. Velasquez’s version of Eraserheads' “With a Smile” for steadfastly keeping a beam in my face during the course of this cloudy day.

I know somewhere a bit north of the equator along the shores of South China Sea, someone’s singing this song for me.

Greet my breast lid!

For the composer and the voice behind the song…salamat po.


With a Smile

Lift your head, baby, don’t be scared
Of the things that could go wrong along the way
You’ll get by with a smile
You can’t win at everything but you can try

Baby, you don’t have to worry
Coz there ain’t no need to hurry
No one ever said that there’s an easy way

When they’re closing all the doors
They don’t want you anymore
This sounds funny but I’ll say it anyway

Oh I’ll stay through the bad times
Even if I have to fetch you everyday
You’ll get by if you smile
You can never be too happy in this life

In the world where everybody
Hates a happy ending story
It’s a wonder love can make the world go round

But don’t let it bring you down
And turn your face into a frown
You’ll get along with a little prayer and this song



03 March 2006

Labels: ,

posted by Bryan Anthony the First at 3/04/2006 |



1 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Blogger lala said........
sige, pahingi ng mp3 copy...really love your blog entries