June 13, 2008
This week's nominee is: Ms. Katherine Heigl for her "I don't deserve an Emmy" ka churvahan.


I like her...but i'm not sure I like her attitude over her refusing an Emmy nomination (or a refusal to seek one, as noted by buzzers).


Heigl won her 1st Emmy for her role as an emotional intern in the medical drama series Grace Antomy.

"I did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination and in an effort to maintain the integrity of the academy organization" churva niya.

Oh come off it Kat!


other nominees:


http://miseducated-virgin.blogspot.com/2008/04/nomination-week-2008-miseducated-awards.html

Labels:

posted by Bryan Anthony the First at 6/13/2008 |



8 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
She has not refused any Emmy nomination. She has just not submitted an entry for consideration. Basically every actor submits (if they chose to do so) an episode that best represents their work and they feel will give them the best chance of recognition. From that submission the academy members vote for nominations and the list is cut down from hundreds to normally 5 or 6. Heigl simply chose not withdraw from the first stage process and not submit any material. It was a surprise as she was last years Emmy winner and most people felt she had a decent chance of a nomination this year. I think it is a very honest and noble thing of her to do given she could have gotten extra recognition for her work. Instead she had stepped aside for other actresses who may have had more Emmy worthy storylines and who might have lost votes has she had chose to stand.
 




At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Maybe she should say "I did not feel that I am really a good actress to begin with and the only reason why I got this job is because I slept with the director"
 




At 11:21 AM, Blogger goddess said........
taray ng statement!
dapat isend yan sa mga artista dito sa Pilipinas tuwing may MMFF!
Lahat nominated!
POTA!
 




At 1:13 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@anonymous: di ganun din... churva ka ha
 




At 1:13 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@anonymous: di ganun din... churva ka ha
 




At 1:13 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@kiss: ahahaha ma feeling na ba ang lola natin?
 




At 1:14 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@goddess: ahahah sabi nga ni ate Shawie: "...this thankless job..." or something like that
 




At 11:51 PM, Blogger ArchieMD said........
I am a big fan of Grey's Anatomy and Heigl and I really believe she did not have a good piece last season. Unlike the season previous to that when I cried with her when Danny died.

I heard her character will die next season because of a brain tumor. Why Shonda, why!??!?!