January 02, 2008

Regina Lafay attributes her anxiety disorder to the abuses she suffered as a child. She quit her stressful day job to keep her mentally in order. Dropped from the payroll, she’s now doing art. Her art heals her. Her art vindicates her.






Wounded



"I had someone actually ask me “what the hell is that?” I wasn’t sure how to answer. Wounded is a combination of a skeleton and a doll. It’s confusion and chaos. It’s pain and frustration. I think it was one of the first I did while trying to figure out my bipolar symptoms, prior to diagnosis. It’s that feeling of not being put-together properly, off-centered."

---


Angry Inner Child

"A portrait of someone who suffered the loss of innocence and childhood. Even as an adult, I find myself clinging to childlike things and trying to make sense of the angry things I do."





Labels:

posted by Bryan Anthony the First at 1/02/2008 |



8 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger MINK said........
kala ko si chuckie ng childs play yung una. hehe
 




At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Cool... :)
 




At 7:56 PM, Blogger x said........
interesting artist!
 




At 8:27 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@mink: ayun na nasa likod mo hehehe
 




At 8:28 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@josh: can you relate to it?
 




At 8:29 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@acey: with an interesting past, she was sexually abused by her father as a kid
 




At 2:47 AM, Blogger Kiks said........
haunting. but calming as well.

what you said to acey reminded me of something. but they are never related.

la gay will check this lafay.
 




At 10:32 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@kiks: exactly how i meant to decribe it: almost an irony

and your good with rhymes ha!