September 15, 2008
I haven’t done this for a while so here we are with a pile.





Finally, I’m done with the Dan Brown quartet. “Angels & Demons” remains my favorite (and we should watch out for it on the big screen) while I was deceived in spending my dollars on the ultra predictable and mega boring “Deception Point”. “Digital Fortress” is strongly recommended!

My fetish for Ivy leaguers (I almost dated one) rouses the more after “Eaters of the Dead”. There’s something about Harvard summa cum laude Michael Chichton’s story telling that makes you want to be at the very heart of his yarns—even at his cannibal-infested 10th century Scandanavia.

I did not exactly not graduated with honors but I struggled with Marquez’s Nobel Prize winning “Hundred Years of Solitude”. Combing through the repetitive bequeathed names, I almost forgot mine. I don’t think I am out of my league here, but I’ll stick to lighter reads.




The “500 People You Meet In Hell” is not funny. The only un-funny Jessica Zafra I’ve read. But of course, there’s no hating on our rimmed-spectacled blog guru.

I assume you expect me to love Kitty Go’s “When Chic Hits the Fan”. And you are darn right queridas! I decided that if I never get the chance to replace Anna Wintour or be the next Chelsea Handler… I don’t mind being the gay Kitty Go. Kitty Went sounds vindictive enough.

Read any Suze Orman book! Period.



From the pile, Winston Groom’s Forrest Gump is my top read. I’ve seen the movie a couple of times but my experience with the novel is a marvelous thing. From page to page I savored the spontaneity I seldom see work on my own life. Plus I wondered at one point…that maybe at core we are all idiots…



Nah! Most certainly not! But I’m sure all of my ex’s are—from core to toe!

Woof!

Labels:

posted by Bryan Anthony the First at 9/15/2008 |



26 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger lucas said........
finished the dan brown's quartet too! lupit! actually i am rereading the angels and demons.. hehehe! adik! one factor is the fuzz CERN was making recently...

i cant wait for the movie... it my favorite among dan's works... :)

AWOOOOO!!
 




At 8:14 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@ron: bongga yung digital fortress, 3 lang pla yung password, lupet din!
 




At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
d ka pala pala-basa ng pink-themed books?
 




At 9:33 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@carl: di parin ako makapasok sa blog mo

nabasa ko na malate-orosa
 




At 3:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said........
Bry, how were you able to compile these images? Manually? I love looking at your books! But you know me, I'd prefer them otherwise gay or with Stephen King in the book art. Or with Mark Twain, Jessica Zafra, Douglas Adams, and anything with generous portions of morbid on them.

Cheers!
 




At 10:16 AM, Blogger Lyka Bergen said........
wala akong nabasa kahit isa sa mga itrek! kaya wiz comment!
 




At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
i love Paul Sussman..nice choices!!
..Thanks for dropping a line in my site.enjoy the books.
 




At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
lupet...!-c.stewart
 




At 2:18 AM, Blogger Joaqui said........
I super enjoyed "Angels and Demons" as well. For me, it is way better than "The Da Vinci Code". I was told that those are the only novels I need to read from Dan Brown because the rest will jsut disappoint me. hehehe
 




At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
500 people you meet in hell is LOVE!!!

angels ang demons ang unang dan brown book na nabasa ko.. pinakauna pinakadabes..
 




At 11:01 PM, Blogger Kiks said........
i only read dan brown.

got the 100 years with the same cover minus oprah.

blogs na lang ang nababasa ko ngayon.

at balita.

kumusta naman ang reading?
 




At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment.

I see you are a reader like me. And by the looks of your book list, it seems your taste varied as well.

If I can make a suggestion, why not grab a copy of the best seller Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke. Good read.

And if you like Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons, I would suggest Resurrection by Tucker Malarkey.

Thanks again and happy reading.
 




At 10:00 PM, Blogger [chocoley] said........
nice, kewl reads bryan.. i'm reading DB's work too! and hoping to see the flim, hehe XD

btw natawa ako dunsa previous entry mo, i didn't kno tht kris has a hate page pala, haha.
 




At 2:18 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@momel: ms paint lang yan sis

yeah, love jess z too! woof!
 




At 2:27 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
lyka: kaloka, busy ata kasi kayo sa katatahi
 




At 2:28 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@sherwin: did enjoy my first PS. you're welcome.
 




At 2:41 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@crys: tse! lufet ng fuke mo.
 




At 2:41 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@crys: tse! lufet ng fuke mo.
 




At 2:42 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@joaqi: deception point is the worst!
 




At 2:43 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@fer: i swear, 500's humor failed to reach me.
 




At 2:46 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@kiks: honga, pansin ko comment ka all over the blogsphere
 




At 2:48 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@genku: thanks for the recom...and thanks for the visit

woof!
 




At 2:58 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@dazed: di ba kaloka si kris! woof!
 




At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
I love Angels and Demons too. If ever there's a movie, I hope it doesn't star Tom Hanks.
 




At 8:31 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@tani: unfortunately he's eyed to do it again. let's keep our fingers crossed. thanks for the visit.

woof!
 




At 3:30 AM, Blogger Luis Batchoy said........
medyo may abs bitter herbs sa dulo pero i agree...stupid silang lahat na exes
]hhehehehe