November 07, 2008
The Silmarillion



Do you remember the giant spider that lost his Frodo Meal to the orcs? Tolkien didn’t just throw in that character into the trilogy for suspense effect. Darn web spinner is an offspring of Ungolianth who together with Morgoth stole the silmarils from the guardianship of the Valars. The salvaging of the robbed jewels is what this Genesis to the masterpiece The Lord of the Rings is all about.

Tolkien’s The Silmarillion presents the mythological beginnings of what would eventually be dubbed Middle-earth and briefly tackled the forging of the one ring and its destruction at the fiery pits of Mt. Doom.

[He then proceeded to expound the ring part into a three-part story (The Fellowship of the Ring (1954), The Two Towers (1954), and The Return of the King (1955)) which, with the help of an Orlando Bloom bookmark, took me three months to read.]

As for the twist part, I bought my copy from a second hand shop and it is a rather curious one with its pages sprayed of ancient stains that CSI NY (not SOCO ha) would certainly take interest on. I mean, it is a very good read except for the millions of similar sounding names.

Labels:

posted by Bryan Anthony the First at 11/07/2008 |



20 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger lucas said........
i thought jack peterson agreed to bring this one to the big screen? sana totoo. hays... nakakamiss ang LOTR high. hehe!

masama pala my book mark na may mukha ni orlando! haha!

peace out!
 




At 4:39 AM, Blogger XanFactor said........
just dropping by...

never really like lotr

:)



my i recommend my other blog called http://troubleshoot101.blogspot.com. it's about computer and other common issues... thanks
 




At 9:18 AM, Blogger Will Shady said........
I gotta check this out.
 




At 5:33 PM, Blogger lucas said........
oh my god. oh my god. oh my god. oh my god. oh my god. oh my god. oh my god. oh my god. oh my god. oh my god. oh my god. oh my god. oh my god. oh my god. oh my god. oh my god.

cant wait TOO! HEHEHE!
 




At 12:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said........
So here's what happening Bry: You're getting horny with your book reviews, Lexan's working a hard on with his gay movie reviews, and I'm having a wreck of a ball with my horror movie write ups.

We're like the Gorgon sisters of feedback. Stheno, Euryale, and Medusa.
 




At 3:03 PM, Blogger Maye said........
I'm honestly not a big fan of LOTR but I was thinking of reading the books. But it's too late, so I canceled the thought. haha.
 




At 12:15 AM, Blogger escape said........
astig! hindi ko to alam. kaya lang wala akong time magbasa ng libro. ok na itong info dito.
 




At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
J.r tolkien who? orlando bloom na lang XOXO
 




At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
J.r tolkien who? orlando bloom na lang XOXO
 




At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Oh I hope that they will this book into a movie as well
 




At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
interesting book!!! i think i wanna get 1. thank you for sharing love! :)
 




At 5:58 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@ron: ang dinig ko uunahun yung the hobbit
 




At 5:58 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@lexan: cge pasyalan ko
 




At 5:59 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@will: you should, thanks
 




At 5:59 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@momel: can i play the medusa part?
 




At 6:00 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@maye: nah, it's never too late
 




At 6:00 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@dong: hehehe
 




At 6:01 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@stewart: tse!
 




At 6:01 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@chase: i hope so too
 




At 6:01 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
@aceY: no worries dahling

woof!