March 14, 2006


A Visayan hag squeaks a hair-raising “Heeelu!” every time I try to ring my best friend’s mobile. For the umpteenth time he lost another phone. I’ve been meaning to call him to solicit some unscientific but at times multi-dimensionally reliable street statistics.

Down-under, Australian liberals are pushing (and dancing) harder for the legalization of same-sex unions in time to this year’s Mardi Gras celebration.


I'm guessing that a similar and a pervasive clamor would soon be spreading across the western world.

And since it’s a trend from the west, Manila would surely follow suit.

Or maybe not…

According to my mate’s statisticians (a.k.a. chat room loiters) very few among our gay and lesbian acquaintances are considering marriage with their current partners.


I find my data surprising as I my self have spent margarita nights with these couples on several occasions and their overflowing conspicuousness of affections indicate otherwise.

It is gullible to make any assumption on this matter. I have to mention though that a similar observation among my heterosexual pals. Very few contemplate on getting married either.



---

I confess my fancy to be the other groom to GREET MY BREAST LID. But for now, I’m comfortable relating outside the institution or any of its legalized substitutes.

I’m curling my nose—four pages of Andre Dubus’ House of Sand and Fog are missing!


14 March 2006








Labels: , ,

posted by Bryan Anthony the First at 3/14/2006 |



2 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Kiss My Mike said........
of course i thought about getting married. but i wouldn't dare try on a wedding gown or the wedding will be dunzo.
 




At 4:41 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
no gown, no tiara! hehehe