May 17, 2006
Flu

Waking up without my morning pee-pee hard-on is a confirmation of last night’s suspicion that I would be sick. Symptoms indicate it that it's flu, a reminder that I’m a mortal in spite of me.

The ceremony is not so unfamiliar: notify HR, let you friends know of you erection malfunction and go back to sleep.

Then it struck me—realizing that June (school fee time) is nearby, the last thing my mother needs is his son inside a wooden coffin and the red, yellow & blue flag of the republic. I need to take medication. And there’s none in the cupboard.

I did what’s unthinkable to do back home: drive to the grocery and the pharmacy flu and all. I didn’t actually drive myself. I was too weak to do that, so I asked one of the company drivers to take me there. I could have asked Jerry to do the grocery for me but I wanted to grab the right thing.

I brushed my teeth, hated my braces, checked my hair and with a mental list of things to throw in the cart, off we went.

Worried that people can tell that I haven’t had a shower yet and that underneath my green A&F sweater I was wearing what I slept in last night, hurriedly got myself these (except the R-18 stuff ofcourse):



K 1.50, K 9.00

K 19.80, K15.50

PGK 1.00 = PhP 16.20


The experience of getting sick, alone and away from my family and my partner is not uncommon in my years of working overseas. In fact I don’t make a fuzz of it anymore—an attitude that’s so not me three years back. Then again, there’s so many things that’s not so me no longer…



"A permanent state of transition is man's most noble condition."
Juan Ramón Jiménez


17 May 2006
posted by Bryan Anthony the First at 5/17/2006 |



13 Comments:

At 2:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
get well soon!
 




At 5:50 AM, Blogger NeiLDC said........
you must have to take a rest!
too much is bad for the health,lol
 




At 6:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said........
The flu? Lots of water and perspiration has always worked for me. Hope you get well soon.

Cheers!
 




At 10:15 AM, Blogger Doubting Thomas said........
when ever i get sick i still get the morning wood. :P and oh, get well soon bry!
 




At 1:34 PM, Blogger yey said........
being sick without your mom sucks big time. no more steamy abc noodle soups. =/

take care.

the heroes must bite the dust from time to time.
 




At 1:50 PM, Blogger carl said........
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 




At 1:51 PM, Blogger carl said........
get well soon.

the sooner you get those morning hard-ons again, the better you'd feel as they are essential in starting the day right.
 




At 5:34 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
thanks to everyone... mwahs!
 




At 8:03 PM, Blogger /iambrew said........
get well soon!
-----
im more worried about you not having the morning hard-on. if that continues, it'll be the end of your happy days... i seriously hope that would remedied ASAP!
----
the thought just frightens me,,,
 




At 9:23 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
other(s)--lagot tayo nyan!

heheheh

thanks rosie!
 




At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
getting sick when you live alone is an experience that i would not want to experience again. i was hospitalized last year and imagine i was alone in the hospital for 3 days without someone watching over me.

do try to take care of your body. it's hard to be far from family, it's even harder if you get sick.
 




At 1:53 PM, Blogger ira said........
aww feel better
 




At 12:52 AM, Blogger The Guy in Red Sneakers said........
sleep does it for me.

anyways, hope you're up and about in no time...