April 25, 2006
Port Moresby Litany

Last year, every Port Moresbian is a resident of the most unlivable major city in the world. So not a soul in the city is knocked for six after a separate study dishonors Port Moresby‘s Jackson International Airport as the world’s worst.
++++

It’s Port Moresby alright. Saturday night and the only invitation you get is from your own welcome party.

It’s Port Moresby indeed. At the top of the welcome committee’s agenda is to remind me that I owe them K 90.00 (PhP 1,500.00), my cut for the alcohol smorgasbord they were plotting for my party. It may turn out to be a vomit-fest but it’s certainly not genuinely intended a welcome party. It’s a party for no reason at all. I just had one last Thursday and another one September last year. Can’t have too much welcome parties, even us Asians would suspect that it’s too patronizing.

Yes, it’s Port Moresby. Filipinos wherever they are and more particularly in this shopping mall & movie house deprived city find antidote for their fear of being alone and being lonely (in short neurosis). Short list the anti-venoms and you’ll have illicit affairs and Karaoke topping the list! So, TAH-DAA! A sing-a-long/get-me-drunk-just-to-spare-me-a-night-of-The-Filipino-Channel party for my return! I digress. E-bay should auction Imelda’s shoes to raise fund for a study on Filipinos fondness of singing and probably an antibiotic for a cure. Speaking of which, I need to take my dose for my tonsillitis which thank heaven is not gonorrhea in the throat. Neurosis eats the best of me because I used to (note the tense here) share go-large frappuccinos with a party-file friend who danced his way to pus-ville from a nude party down southern Philippines.

A city located on the south coast of New Guinea island, on Paga Point between Fairfax Harbour and Walter Bay of the Gulf of Papua. It’s a Sunday and the only thing in-store for you is last night’s leftover vodka and whisky or a trip to the gym. At least as a consolation it’s an easy pick.


February 12, 2006
Reposted: April 24, 2006
posted by Bryan Anthony the First at 4/25/2006 |



5 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger C Saw said........
I can always imagine a worse place than that. As long as there are sing-along joints, I'm good. Videoke always equates to good time for me.

umm, there's typo on the repost date ;)

btw, thanks for the visit.
and i do agree chocolate is better than sex!
 




At 7:36 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
typo: checked!

chocolates rule!
 




At 9:18 PM, Blogger NeiLDC said........
at least not a GONO!
 




At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
I remember words like haus Piksa, haus Mary, blouse mary, laplap.

Do guys still wear gumamelas in their hair? That was so cool and some men don't wear anything under their laplaps. teehee.
 




At 8:30 AM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said........
neil: i'll never share anything that passes through my friends mouth.

jay: some men don't wear anuything at all :-)